Friday, July 6, 2012

Seven Seeds

Seven Seeds
114 Berkeley St
Carlton

I'm always in the city, so 90% of the cafes I visit are around the CBD. Today was a rare breakfast with Mother which meant a direct ride to the destination, so obviously I had to pick somewhere further away! Like...Seven Seeds. 

.__________.

Oh shush. They had good coffee.
Very faint fragrance, light, but damn smooth. Suave is a good word too.
 Those silent followers (you're out there right? ;____;) will know I'm a coffee idiot so I come up with my own classifications for coffee. This goes under 'Pleasant Addiction'. The type where, if my wallet (and kidneys) permitted, I'd keep drinking cup after cup after cup...
 Double time. Mother's Beetroot cured salmon and something about potato rosti and wasabi mayonnaise. They burnt parts of the potato ==" Otherwise from what I tried, salmon was supple and easily gives way to the teeth. Didn't detect any beetroot, but my tastebuds don't have a reputation for being sensitive.
Porridge with vanilla bean labna and poached fruit of a forgotten kind. This bowl confirmed that run in with Silo wasn't entirely my fault. This one had more substance and was less gluggy. Labna was creamy and sweet. There was just enough of it to bond with the porridge so it didn't become terribly strong. 

Total: About $30

Seven Seeds on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment