Friday, July 6, 2012

Kokoro Ramen

Kokoro Ramen
157 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne CBD

The sun peaked through the clouds today. I met with it as I turned down Swanston, and the buttons of my coat became headlights as they reflected the brilliant rays. And so it was, in this blinding, disco ball-like fashion that I made my way to Kokoro Ramen - at 2pm, it was thankfully near empty.
It's tempting to try and analyse this linguistically. Unfortunately my knowledge is minimal ^^;
 After my visit, I learnt from another blog that 'Kokoro' means heart and they had envisioned ramen mixed with human hearts. Gruesome xD But the sign explains it :)
 Shoyu soup base with charsiu

 Compared to Ramen Ya, this is better value. For $9, you get an adequate amount of noodles and two large pieces of pork, one almost spanning the diameter of the bowl. The meat was firm and relatively tender, but if you're seeking melt-in-the-mouth, you'll be disappointed (it's all about quantity here).

Heavy sprinkling of sesame seeds added a nice break from the 'salt bath'. Even the cold weather wasn't reason enough to get me to have more than a few spoons of the soup. Otherwise, the ramen was very filling, but nothing to brag about.

Kokoro Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment