Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hongyun Chinese Restaurant - Cacao FC&P - LBM

Hongyun Chinese Restaurant
209 Bourke St
Melbourne

The sweet smell of freedom is so close! Alas, the journey is not over...I merely decided not to prioritise and went out shopping instead ^^; Lunch was at Hongyun - I don't know why we ordered the cooked cabbage. While 'healthy' and pleasantly crunchy, it was damn oily. Ah, typical asian restaurants.. *shakes head*
 
Vegetarian dumplings - how could I pass? I swear I've tasted this combination before, there was that same prominence of mushrooms!
Honestly I wasn't expecting a fantastic meal, just something to fill the stomach which Hongyun did. There are a lot of other restaurants to eat at when you're feeling stingy though, and I can't give you a straight answer as to why you'd specifically pick this one.

Cacao Fine Chocolates and Patisserie
Melbourne GPO

I know I'm the one that said I wanted to go shopping, but I'm not one of those women who immediately forget about their fatigue and can ignore their aching feet when doing so - I need sustenance! I seek salvation! Food delivers.
Coffee was Mother's actually. She approved ^^ 

On the sweet side, I found the macarons too grainy. They're finer and smoother at LBM.

La Belle Miette
Macaron stack #2
I got the lemon one on, then it fell over just as I got the camera ready. Sucks TT  
Damage to the lemon one during transportation.
It's going to take me a while to get over the pretty pastel colours. As for now, my favoured flavours are dark chocolate and earl grey (lemon was too strong for me :/)

No comments:

Post a Comment